- There are almost 400 active RSVP volunteers in Lincoln County.
- A donation of $20 will purchase a grab bar for the bathroom to help prevent falls.
- A donation of $25 will give a low-income senior a mileage reimbursement so they can volunteer for a month.
- Over 750 people last year made informed decisions about their Medicare options and on average saved $1800.
- A donation of $10 will give someone escorted transportation to their medical appointments with possible stops for prescriptions and light groceries.
- A study of Americans over age 60 found that those who volunteer reported lower disability and higher levels of well-being relative to non-volunteers.
For those living in rural areas, volunteering can provide an important way to stay connected and active.
The effects of volunteering have been found to be greater than other factors including income, education level, or marriage.