Policies For Volunteers…..
1. Volunteers with the RSVP of Lincoln County are not paid employees.
2. It is the responsibility of the volunteer to inform the RSVP Project staff of where he/she chooses to volunteer and if he/she adds or changes volunteer stations.
3. If the volunteer uses their personal automobile to get to and from his/her volunteer work station, it is the volunteer’s responsibility to keep in effect the minimum automobile liability insurance required by the State of Oregon.
4. It is the responsibility of the volunteer to inform RSVP of any change in his/her automobile/driving status.
5. It is the responsibility of the volunteer to address any questions or concerns with RSVP as soon as an issue arises.
6. It is the responsibility of the RSVP to address any questions or concerns brought to his/her attention by volunteers as soon as possible.
7. Monthly volunteer hours must be received by RSVP by the end of the fifth working day of the following month. If the volunteer work station submits hours for volunteers at that station, RSVP will alert those volunteers to this procedure. Otherwise, it is the responsibility of the volunteer to submit a monthly time report himself/herself. The report must be complete, signed by the volunteer and the station supervisor.
8. For any volunteer seeking mileage reimbursement, the monthly time report/reimbursement request must be received by the fifth day of the following month, complete, and signed by the volunteer and work station supervisor. If a reimbursement request is late, that reimbursement will be given in the following month. It is the responsibility of the volunteer to alert RSVP to any changes in his/her reimbursement status. Reimbursements will be given as long as funds are available.
9. Mileage reimbursements requests submitted later than 90 days will not be honored.
10. Mileage will be reimbursed at $0.15 a mile with a maximum of $25.00 and a minimum $10.00 per month, per volunteer. You must have a current Driver’s License and Insurance Card on file to receive reimbursement.
11. Mileage will be reimbursed only for those volunteers who use their own cars to volunteer. If you have questions about whether or not you should receive mileage reimbursement, please ask RSVP.
12. If the volunteer does not receive mileage reimbursement, he/she may submit volunteer miles driven on their monthly time report form for tax purposes. The volunteer will receive a statement containing the total number of miles driven at the end of the year upon request.
13. Volunteers must follow the policies of the station in which they volunteer.
14. Volunteers serving directly on RSVP projects must successfully pass a criminal history check within 30 days of their assignment. Some volunteers may also be subject to background checks through their volunteer station.
15. Forging or falsifying any data (enrollment forms, time reports, reimbursement requests, etc.) submitted to RSVP will result in immediate termination from the program.
16. Hours may be turn in via email, phone, Volistics, mail, or hand delivered. However, mileage reimbursement request must be on the official form supplied by RSVP.
17. The Sponsor the Oregon Cascades West Council of Governments and RSVP reserve the right to terminate any volunteer not in compliance with these policies and procedures.
18. The Sponsor, Oregon Cascades West Council of Governments, and/or RSVP will not discuss volunteer issues with anyone except the volunteer and the station supervisor.